TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - Lee County investigators arrested two people and seek a third person in connection to a home burglary.
According to Lee County Sheriff Jim Johnson, a man called 911 on Feb. 4 and said two other men were trying to break into his home on County Road 811.
Laisha Cassados | Source: Lee County Sheriff's Department
Lamarquavious Patton | Source: Lee County Sheriff's Department
Deputies responded to the home and found the caller hiding in a closet.
Investigators determined a woman and two other men planned to distract and rob the caller. The caller said the two men entered the home, causing him to hide.
Investigators determined the two men entered the home with handguns. Electronics, car keys and keys to the home were taken from the scene.
The three suspects left the home after they could not find the victim inside the home, Johnson stated.
Investigators arrested and charged the woman, 20-year-old Laisha Cassados, and 21-year-old Lamarquavious Patton, both of Tupelo, with burglary of a residence.
J’Manne Phelps, 20, of Verona, is wanted on the same charge.
- 3 arrested, 1 wanted for home burglaries in Lee County
- Two arrested, one still wanted in Lee County home burglary investigation
- Vandals trash Lee County home; information wanted
- Arrest made for Alcorn County home burglary
- 2 new arrests linked to Lee County burglaries
- Fire destroys Lee County home
- Prentiss County investigating multiple burglaries
- Wanted man arrested for theft, burglary
- Man wanted in Lee County arrested by marshals
- One arrested, one wanted following Lee County drug bust