BOONEVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - Prentiss County sheriff's deputies made two recent arrests in separate drug cases, and one of those arrested was found hiding in the attic of a home.
Michael Palmer, 32, of Booneville, is accused of having crystal methamphetamine during a January 14 traffic stop at County Road 5011 and County Road 5012.
Sheriff Randy Tolar says Palmer tried putting the bag of meth in his mouth when confronted, then threw it away during a struggle with a deputy and ran away with one handcuff on.
Palmer was later found in the attic of a nearby home.
In the other case, a deputy arrested Russell Lee Hyde, 33, of Booneville, on January 13.
Tolar says a deputy confronted Hyde in a vehicle on Jones Cove Road near County Road 5031 after someone reported a suspicious vehicle in the area.
According to the deputy, it appeared Hyde had crystal methamphetamine on him. There were also multiple warrants on Hyde.
- Two arrested in separate Prentiss County drug cases
- Two burglary arrests made in Prentiss County in separate cases
- Prentiss County charges three with drugs
- Woman arrested in Prentiss County on drug, gun charges
- Sheriff: Prentiss County deputies find drugs, arrest passed-out driver
- Child enticement arrest made in Prentiss County
- Prentiss County supervisor arrested for DUI
- Child abuse arrest made in Prentiss County
- Father arrested for shooting in Prentiss County
- Arrests made in separate Columbus burglary cases