Update 07/11/18 2:36 p.m. - Bonds were set at $10,000 for both Levi Kelly and Taylor Johnson.
See the original post below.
ACKERMAN, Miss. (WTVA) - Law enforcement in Choctaw County has arrested two people believed to be tied to a theft ring in four counties.
The Choctaw County Sheriff's Department says Levi Kelly (pictured) and Taylor Johnson are charged with grand larceny.
According to Chief Deputy Lee Upchurch, the two are connected to a theft ring in Choctaw, Webster, Montgomery and Oktibbeha counties where ATVs, horse trailers and cargo trailers have been stolen. He says the theft ring is tied to a methamphetamine operation.
Upchurch adds that the investigation is currently focused on two areas: Hawkins Road in Oktibbeha County and Highway 9 in Choctaw County.
He asks you to call law enforcement if you see vehicles acting suspiciously or trucks hauling ATVs covered with a tarp.
- Two arrested in multi-county theft ring
- Three arrested in Webster County theft ring
- UPDATE: Two arrested for multi-county burglaries
- Multi-county chase ends in arrest
- Arrests made for Alcorn County thefts
- Dozens arrested as part of multi-agency operation
- Sheriff: Man in custody after multi-county chase
- Final arrest made for tractor theft in Tishomingo County
- Marietta man arrested for theft in Prentiss County
- UPDATE: Officers arrest suspect in Winston County lawnmower theft