LOWNDES COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - Lowndes County sheriff's deputies arrested a couple of men who hid in a mobile home trying to avoid law enforcement.
Sheriff's Captain Archie Williams said they showed up at a home on Black Creek Road Wednesday afternoon with a warrant for Corey Mixon but Mixon barricaded himself inside the home and would not come outside.
According to Williams, his deputies were about to use tear gas to force Mixon out, but they discovered he went through the floor of the home to get under it.
Mixon eventually came out and was arrested.
Deputies also found Scotty Cook there and said he was trying to hide from them as well since he had a warrant for his arrest.
Both are charged with possession of a weapon by a convicted felon.
- Two arrested in Lowndes County after hiding from law enforcement
- Lowndes County law enforcement warn of phone scam
- Columbus man leads law enforcement on pursuit in Lowndes County
- Lowndes County law enforcement warn of fake money
- Mother charged with helping daughter hide from law enforcement
- Shoplifting suspect charged with assaulting law enforcement officers in Lowndes County
- Chase involving law enforcement ends with arrest
- Two arrested in Webster County after law enforcement discovery
- Law enforcement in Tishomingo County arrest 12 on drug charges
- Lowndes County inmate dies