Editor's Note: This article has been updated with new information.
MONROE COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - Monroe County Sheriff Cecil Cantrell confirms two Monroe County probation officers were involved in a serious wreck on Wednesday.
Mississippi Highway Patrol confirms troopers worked the wreck at Highway 8 and Camp McCain Road in Grenada County
The wreck happened sometime near 11:30 a.m. and involved two vehicles.
Sgt. Ronnie Shive says a Jeep was driving west on Highway 8. The Jeep was driven by Rachel Bagwell of Gore Springs.
The other vehicle was a Nissan car, which had two MDOC officers inside. The Nissan was traveling eastbound on Highway 8.
The two officers were identified as Sherlaine Mims, 39, of Houston, and John Brown, 61, of Starkville.
MHP says the Jeep failed to yield as Bagwell tried to turn onto Camp McCain Road and turned in front of the Nissan vehicle.
Bagwell was flown to a Memphis hospital with moderate injuries.
Mims was taken to a Grenada hospital and released.
Brown was taken to a Grenada hospital, then flown to Memphis with moderate injuries.
Troopers say none of the injuries appear to be life-threatening.
- UPDATE: Two Monroe County probation officers involved in wreck
- UPDATE: Three sent to hospital after Monroe County wreck
- Monroe County wreck sends woman to hospital
- State trooper involved in wreck
- UPDATE: Monroe County stabbing suspect arrested
- UPDATE: Wanted duo arrested in Monroe County
- UPDATE: Missing Monroe County man found safe
- UPDATE: Coroner identifies Monroe County shooting victims
- UPDATE: Missing Monroe County teen found safe
- UPDATE: Traffic resumes on 45 Alt. in Monroe County following wreck