MACON, Miss. (WTVA) - Two Mississippi Department of Corrections employees were arrested over the weekend at the Noxubee County Community Work Center.
Keyshun Smith was found in possession of marijuana, Sheriff Terry Grassaree confirmed. Smith has been charged with possession of a controlled substance on MDOC grounds.
Meanwhile, Shanteria Tate was charged with possession of an alcoholic beverage on MDOC grounds.
The two had their bonds set at $10,000.
Tate posted a picture of her arrest warrant to her Facebook page, claiming this was a routine check and that a liquor bottle was found in her truck from a party she went to the night before.
WTVA 9 News has reached out to MDOC about the arrests, but we are still waiting to hear back from them at this time.
- Two MDOC employees arrested in Noxubee County
- UPDATE: MDOC lockdown lifted
- UPDATE: MDOC escapees captured in Marshall County
- MDOC home visit leads to arrest in Tishomingo County
- Noxubee County fugitive arrested in Memphis
- Water outage in Noxubee County
- Second Noxubee County inmate surrenders
- Tupelo police discover, arrest man wanted by MDOC
- MDOC remembers former West Point police officer
- 14th MDOC inmate dies in August