Update 06/19/18 - This scene has been cleared.
TUPELO, Miss (WTVA) - Two 18-wheelers collided on Interstate 22 near the Veterans Boulevard exit in Tupelo.
It happened Monday around 8:30 p.m. just east of Veterans Boulevard in the westbound lane.
City spokesperson Leesha Faulkner says one of the drivers of a federal postal truck was ejected and sustained serious injuries.
The westbound lane of I-22 is blocked off and we're told will be closed indefinitely.
Faulkner says they have to wait until federal inspectors arrive at the scene to regroup and inspect the mail.
According to the city, the driver was found about 50 yards east of where the trucks crashed and found face down.
We're told he was taken to the hospital by paramedics and listed in stable condition.
The other driver was taken for observation.
Traffic is being diverted at Auburn Road.
Tupelo fire and police responded to the scene.
The cause of the crash is under investigation.
- Two 18-wheelers collide on I-22
- No injuries after 18-wheeler runs off I-22
- 18-wheeler fire shuts down part of I-22
- Truck collides with 18-wheeler in Lee County
- UPDATE: Both lanes reopen on eastbound I-22 after 18-wheeler wreck
- UPDATE: 18-wheeler wreck caused delays on I-22 in Tupelo
- Troopers respond to 18-wheeler wreck on I-22 near New Albany
- I-22 reopens after wreck
- I-22 wreck injures two motorcyclists
- 18-wheeler crashes, trapping driver