TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) — One of the leaders of the Tupelo Police Department is leaving to lead a police department outside of Mississippi.
Deputy Chief Allan Gilbert will retire from his city job at the end of the year.
The department said he's leaving to become the police chief in Siloam Springs, Arkansas.
Gilbert was interviewed last year for the police chief's job at Ole Miss, according to The Daily Mississippian.
- Tupelo's deputy police chief leaving for out-of-state job
- State College Board president giving up Tupelo city job
- Police investigate Tupelo death
- Former Alcorn County chief deputy dies
- Lowndes County sheriff names new chief deputy
- Chief Deputy: Choctaw County fugitive in custody
- Alabama chief deputy arrested on theft charges
- Local hospital executive leaving for Meridian job
- Macon police chief demoted
- State investigates deputy-involved shooting