TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - Tupelo's Cooper Tire & Rubber Company plant has now produced 375 million tires.
The plant celebrated the achievement Thursday.
Laid end-to-end, that would stretch 162,000 miles or around the world almost seven times.
"Well it just shows how well we've done here at the plant in previous years and we have a bright future ahead of as well," said Tupelo Plant Manager Jim Pritchett. "We've got big things coming down the pike for this plant and we are looking forward to making many more millions of tires as we proceed."
The company says the milestone tire was produced on February 6.
As part of the celebration, Cooper donated $3,000 to Tupelo-based Eight Days of Hope, a non-profit that restores and rebuilds home and provides rapid response services following natural disasters.
- Tupelo's Cooper Tire plant celebrates major milestone
- Cooper Tire names new Tupelo plant manager
- Louisville celebrates Walmart milestone
- Cooper Tire's Tupelo plant receives award for improving workplace safety and health
- No injuries from morning fire at Cooper Tire in Tupelo
- Local graduate awarded Cooper Tire scholarship
- Cooper Tire ends maintenance contract with JESCO
- Cooper Tire opens distribution center in Byhalia
- Cooper Tire to open 100-worker warehouse in Mississippi
- Mississippi tire plant fires 29 for fake work certificates