TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - A Tupelo teenager is heading to prison after pleading guilty to two counts of armed robbery.
Justin Weatherspoon, 18, pleaded guilty to two counts of armed robbery and one count auto burglary in Lee County circuit court.
He was 15 years old when he was accused, along with another man, of robbing a pizza delivery driver at gunpoint.
He was later charged with robbing a convenience store on McCullough Boulevard.
The court certified him as an adult following the robberies.
He was sentenced to 10 years for the armed robberies and was given a suspended sentence on the auto burglary.
The judge said Weatherspoon will be credited with the 19 months he spent in the Lee County jail awaiting trial.
- Tupelo teen sentenced to prison for robberies
- Tupelo teen sentenced in shooting death
- Robbery suspect wanted in Tupelo
- UPDATE: Tupelo teen found safe
- Tupelo police arrest 6 for armed robbery
- Tupelo police investigating weekend armed robbery
- Tupelo man sentenced in drug trafficking case
- New Albany man sentenced to prison
- Teen faces multiple robbery charges in Corinth
- Teens arrested for burglary in Tupelo