Tupelo, Miss. (WTVA) - The city council approved Mayor Shelton's request for funding.
"This allows us to do more this year. To allow us to make sure that the infrastructure of the city of Tupelo is sound, and that the streets are in great condition, said Shelton.
According to Mayor Shelton, there are many streets in Tupelo in need of repairs and maintenance. He says the city has not spent much money on repairs due to weather.
By October, the city will spend 3.1 million dollars fixing infrastructure.
A complete list of roads workers will fix will be out in March.
- Tupelo spends big money to repair existing roads
- Road closure In Tupelo
- Tupelo man arrested for home repair fraud
- UPDATE: Gas line repaired in Tupelo
- Water leak repair causes temporary road closure
- UPDATE: Amory road closed for repair work
- City of Tupelo spending about $2.5 million on turf
- Crews to close Tupelo street to repair manhole
- Skilled to Work: Collision repair at Tupelo High School
- Lawmakers again fail to make oil spill money spending plan