TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - Tupelo is saying goodbye to the Leake and Goodlett Hardware Store.
The store has been around for 115 years, passed down from family generations.
On Saturday, March 16 the owners decided it was time to close their doors for good.
“It was a good time for us to close, for myself and for my father. We felt it was in our best interest to do so for the company,” said owner Lindsey Leake.
The famous meteorite that stood out on the pedestal in front of the hardware store will now be on display at the Tupelo museum.
- Tupelo says goodbye to 115-year-old hardware store
- Man charged with burglaries at Smithville Hardware
- Tupelo Police investigate incident at convenience store
- Liquor store burglar wanted in Tupelo
- Truck crashes into Tupelo grocery store
- At Mississippi school: Goodbye, Confederacy. Hello, Obama
- A community says goodbye to local firefighter
- National Guardsmen say goodbye for deployment
- Tupelo police seek info on furniture store theft
- Tupelo man charged with burglary of music store