TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - The city of Tupelo has received the Justice Assistance Grant from the state and say that money will be used for a security camera project at Theron Nichols Park.
The estimated cost for the project is $123,000 with the grant covering about 75 percent.
The city says this is the beginning of an improvement on security in the local parks.
Communication Director Leesha Faulkner said in a statement, “accepting tonight’s Justice Assistance Grant is the first step in placing camera in some of our parks as security measures”.
- Tupelo receives grant to boost security
- Wish granted for Tupelo girl
- Security cameras set up in Tupelo
- Tupelo Regional Airport seeks grant approval
- Senators: Tupelo, Columbus fire departments receiving funds
- Mississippi receives grant to fight opioid crisis
- Mississippi receiving federal grant for preschool programs
- Security changes coming to all Tupelo public schools
- Tupelo student receives $50,000 donation to get van
- Woman receives Habitat for Humanity home in Tupelo