TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - A man wanted by the Mississippi Department of Corrections has been arrested by Tupelo police.
City spokeswoman Leesha Faulkner confirms several police were called to the Love's gas station off McCullough Blvd. and Interstate 22 on Saturday after a 911 call about a man with a gun supposedly holding someone hostage. However, this was proven not true.
Faulkner says police were able to make an arrest after an investigation. It was discovered the person arrested had a warrant out for his arrest by MDOC. He has been charged with felon in possession of a firearm.
Faulkner says there was not an altercation nor resistance, and no one was injured.
We are working to learn the identity of the person arrested. We will continue to provide updates as this story develops.
- Tupelo police discover, arrest man wanted by MDOC
- UPDATE: MDOC lockdown lifted
- Two MDOC employees arrested in Noxubee County
- MDOC remembers former West Point police officer
- MDOC: Marshall County man dies in prison
- Tupelo police arrest naked man
- MDOC Deputy Commissioner announces retirement
- Governor appoints interim MDOC commissioner
- MDOC identifies dead Parchman inmate
- Tupelo police seek man wanted for molestation