TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) -- Tupelo Water and Light officials say a section of West Jackson Street is closed.
Director Johnny Timmons says a broken water main needs to be repaired at the intersection of Lumpkin Avenue.
He says the repairs may keep the roadway closed into the evening.
Motorists must take a detour, going west by turning right on Lumpkin Avenue, left onto Lambard and left onto Vassar, which will intersect with West Jackson.
- Tupelo officials say section of West Jackson Street closed
- Tupelo plans to widen West Jackson Street
- Tupelo moves forward with Jackson Street improvements
- Tupelo City Council approves Jackson Street improvements
- Drain work to temporarily close Tupelo street
- Tupelo Public Works to temporarily close section of North Thomas Street
- Tupelo trying to get bid for Jackson Street change
- Section of Tupelo road to be closed to allow work
- Part of Tupelo street closed Tuesday for sidewalk work
- Crews to close Tupelo street to repair manhole