TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - The City of Tupelo is another step closer to beginning operation of a public transit system.
Representatives with Northeast Mississippi Community Services presented a plan with three fixed routes throughout the city.
The routes woud converge from a hub at Green Street and Main Street in downtown.
They include service through downtown, to the hospital, Veterans Park, Haven Acres and The Mall at Barnes Crossing.
The cost of taking the bus is still being discussed, which could vary depending on sponsorship and marketing for the service.
The city council is not expected to get a full presentation until their second meeting in May.
- Tupelo moving closer to using public transit system
- Tupelo leaders tour proposed public transit system
- City leaders discuss public transit system in Tupelo
- New transit system launches in Tupelo
- Tupelo ratifies transit contract
- Buses roll as transit system begins in Tupelo
- Tupelo Transit System soon to be curbside pickup program
- Tupelo City Council set aside money for public transit plan
- Tupelo public transit to debut later this month
- Electric meters in Tupelo transitioning to digital