TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - A Tupelo man pleaded guilty to the shooting death of his wife in 2017.
James Sharp, 25, entered a plea to second-degree murder in the death of Carol Sharp, 23.
The incident happened in August 2017 on Milford Street.
Investigators said they responded to the couple's home after being told Carol Sharp shot herself.
Lee County Coroner Carolyn Green said Carol Sharp suffered a gunshot wound to the head.
She died several hours later at the hospital.
Police said the shooting was the result of a domestic dispute.
A Lee County Circuit Court judge sentenced Sharp to 25 years in prison and five years' probation.
- Tupelo man sentenced for shooting death of wife
- Tupelo teen sentenced in shooting death
- Police investigate Tupelo death
- Tupelo man sentenced in drug trafficking case
- Man sentenced in dog attack deaths
- Tupelo police respond to shooting
- Tupelo Police investigate Thanksgiving shooting
- Coroner identifies Tupelo shooting victim
- Tupelo police investigate weekend shooting
- Tupelo police investigate shooting incident