ABERDEEN, Miss. (WTVA) - A warning is being issued following a man’s arrest for false pretense in Monroe County.
Derek Carr, 42, of Tupelo, was arrested on October 4 on five counts of false pretense.
Monroe County Sheriff Cecil Cantrell says Carr is accused of scamming at least five people in Monroe County out of their vehicles.
The sheriff says Carr would tell his victims he had a vehicle to trade, but instead, he would take their vehicle.
The sheriff says in some cases the women would put down payments on a vehicle and never receive it.
Carr was released on bond the same day as his arrest.
Cantrell is warning people to not do business with this man.
- Tupelo man arrested for alleged scam in Monroe County
- Monroe County Electric warns of phone scam
- Phone scam circulating in Monroe County
- Monroe County warns of check scam
- Sixth arrest made for Monroe County check scam
- UPDATE: Missing Monroe County man found safe in Tupelo
- UPDATE: 3 arrested, 9 still wanted for Monroe check scam
- UPDATE: Eight now arrested for Monroe check scam
- Man drowns in Monroe County
- Tupelo PD: Beware of scams