TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) – The major thoroughfare-funded construction of an interchange in Tupelo is nearing completion.
The interchange is between South Thomas Street and Highway 6.
Tupelo City Engineer John Crawley says the work should be completed in the spring.
On Wednesday, Crawley told the city that Rutledge Contractors had put down the base layer and winterized the project.
The project is about 85 percent completed.
Once asphalt production plants open in the spring, the ramps can be completed and an overlay from Green Tee Road to the intersection of Mitchell Road is planned.
Construction began in June 2017.
- Tupelo interchange construction set for spring completion
- Construction on turning lane in Tupelo nears completion
- Lynyrd Skynyrd coming to Tupelo next spring
- Tupelo road closure set for Saturday in Tupelo
- Weather spotter class set for Tupelo
- Funeral arrangements set for Tupelo police detective
- UPDATE: Bond set for Tupelo kidnapping suspect
- Security cameras set up in Tupelo
- Tupelo crews to begin road construction next week
- Skilled to Work: Tupelo High School construction program