TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) -- Tupelo hosted the 21st annual Kentucky Derby party on Saturday.
People from all over dressed in their festive hats and colorful dresses and suits to enjoy the famous horse race.
The event offered fun and lots of food to all those who bought a table or purchased tickets for the event.
Robby Parman is the executive director of the Regional Rehabilitation Center.
He said all of the party's proceeds go to the center to help people of all ages with many different disabilities.
Everyone in the event was handed fake money at the door to place their bets. And although the original winning horse was disqualified, the main focus was to fund those in need.
- Tupelo hosts 21st Kentucky Derby party
- Tupelo hosts annual Bud and Burgers festival
- Local bikers host Renasant Criterium in Tupelo
- CREATE hosts annual meeting in Tupelo
- Tupelo hosts sensory-friendly symphony concert
- Tupelo humane society hosts puppy, kitten shower
- Jim Hood hosts campaign rally in Tupelo
- Cub Scouts compete in annual derby race
- IMA-Tupelo hosts event aimed at breast cancer prevention
- Tupelo to host Community Shred Day next week