TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - The city of Tupelo and Downtown Tupelo Main Street Society hosted a New Year's Eve party on Tuesday to ring in the new year.
Thousands of people showed up to celebrate the new year as well as Tupelos 150th birthday.
A ball was lifted to count down to 2020 and joined by fireworks.
There were ice carvings, games, multiple bands performing and plenty of food and drink.
City officials said that they are looking into making this an annual tradition for the city.
- Tupelo hosts New Year's Eve party
- Tupelo hosts 21st Kentucky Derby party
- New Year's Eve Trivia
- Tupelo's first New Year's Eve celebration was a big success
- Tupelo hosts annual Bud and Burgers festival
- Local bikers host Renasant Criterium in Tupelo
- CREATE hosts annual meeting in Tupelo
- Tupelo hosts sensory-friendly symphony concert
- Tupelo humane society hosts puppy, kitten shower
- Jim Hood hosts campaign rally in Tupelo