TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - The city of Tupelo and the Tupelo Public School District held a “State of the City” address on Thursday to share the progress from the last year.
Mayor Jason Shelton was joined by School Superintendent Dr. Rob Picou with the presentation and answered questions from attendees.
"We are clicking on all eight cylinders. It is such a great time to be in the city of Tupelo,” Shelton said. “I'm happy to have my full support for the Tupelo Public School District."
Shelton said the city is working to increase the amount of school resource officers in the Tupelo Public School District.
- Tupelo holds 'State of the City' forum alongside TPSD
- Former TPSD Sup. Michael Vinson dies
- TPSD to start interviewing superintendent candidates soon
- Rob Picou named new TPSD school superintendent
- TPSD using survey to help with superintendent search
- TPSD names Ellis new director of communications for district
- CALEA holds public forum for re-accreditation assessment
- MSU holds education expo in Tupelo
- Memphis VA holds town hall in Tupelo
- Former Tupelo city councilman dies