TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - The All America City will be packed this weekend as people are drawn to Tupelo for a few events.
The Tupelo Automobile Museum Auction started, and around 600 bidders have been counted.
Many of those bidders are from the area, several have come from out of town to purchase the classic cars and memorabilia.
Tupelo is also hosting a youth baseball tournament as well as the 2019 USTA Southern Adult 65 & Over Championship.
It is the auction that has gained international attention.
Auction director Stephen Mancuso says he expects to see around 4,000 people from all over the world.
Workers in downtown restaurants have stepped up to make sure they are prepared to serve a large crowd.
Neal McCoy, the director of the Tupelo Convention and Visitors Bureau, says he expects the city to handle the influx of folks just fine.
- Tupelo events bring in thousands this weekend
- Tupelo man hosts event to bring the community together
- Thousands get a Taste of Tupelo
- Thousands attend Tupelo Easter egg hunt
- Tupelo police investigate weekend shooting
- Event to temporarily close Tupelo Aquatic Center
- Tupelo Wellness and Fitness Event Saturday
- Telethon raises thousands for Tupelo's Regional Rehab Center
- Tupelo braves a weekend wintry blast
- Tupelo police investigating weekend armed robbery