TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - The Tupelo City Council says there is no ordinance when it comes to food trucks.
That's why members of the council had a meeting with food truck owners Tuesday afternoon to discuss possible rules and regulations.
Council members asked the owners questions like, "Should there be a zone rule?" "Do you think there needs to be something in writing?" "What would happen if people didn't follow the rules?"
Many new and longtime food truck businesses expressed their opinions.
No rules were crafted during or after the meeting.
The council plans to meet with restaurant owners in January.
- Tupelo City Council sparks conversation about food truck ordinance
- Tupelo City Council approves mobile vendor ordinance
- Tupelo council approves Go Cup ordinance
- Tupelo City Council rejected public transportation proposal
- Tupelo City Council approves Jackson Street improvements
- Tupelo city leaders discuss Leisure and Recreation Ordinance
- Tupelo City Council approves water/sewer rate hike
- Tupelo City Council to approve outside PR firm
- Tupelo city council talks state flag and turn lane proposal
- Tupelo City Council set aside money for public transit plan