Update 12/10/18 4:18 p.m.
The City of Tupelo released the following statement regarding city attorney Ben Logan.
“This is a pending misdemeanor traffic offense before the Justice Court of Lee County and, consequently, a private legal matter. Until final adjudication of this matter, we have no comment. Mr. Logan was not in a city vehicle.”
According to Sheriff Jim Johnson, Logan was not booked into the Lee County Jail.
See the original post below.
TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) — The Tupelo city attorney is facing a driving under the influence charge.
A Mississippi Highway Patrol spokesperson tells WTVA 9 News that Ben Logan was stopped by troopers last night.
He was charged with DUI refusal.
More details on the traffic stop were not released.
- UPDATE: Tupelo city attorney faces DUI charge; city issues statement
- Oxford man facing another DUI charge
- Former Tupelo city councilman dies
- Tupelo man charged with third DUI in Oxford
- UPDATE: Four charged in Tupelo following pursuit
- UPDATE: Former Tupelo teacher arrested, charged
- Tupelo City Council rejected public transportation proposal
- Tupelo city officials address Code Red glitches
- Tupelo City Council approves mobile vendor ordinance
- City of Tupelo celebrates Elvis' 84th birthday