Photo Gallery 1 Images
TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - The Wear It Well organization teamed up with the local Tupelo business Crowns to host a wellness and fitness event Saturday.
The event was free to the public. Services for dental care, health screenings, physicals, mental health and fitness were all included. Follow up appointments are also provided if needed.
Crowns is a new beauty Salon in Tupelo that opened in August.
Wear It Well is a local nonprofit organization that serves victims of domestic abuse or any persons with difficult backgrounds. The organization strives to assist people in maintaining good mental and physical health.
Wear it Well Founder and CEO Katina Davis Holland shares her goal for helping others with this organization.
"If I can help one person, my mission is accomplished, but with an event like this, we hope to serve hundreds today in an effort to have a healthier community overall," Holland said.
- Tupelo Wellness and Fitness Event Saturday
- Event to temporarily close Tupelo Aquatic Center
- Tupelo events bring in thousands this weekend
- Tupelo road closure set for Saturday in Tupelo
- IMA-Tupelo hosts event aimed at breast cancer prevention
- Bull riding event in Tupelo benefits the late Bobby Bratton
- Tupelo group hosts event to help those in need
- Tupelo Elvis Festival named Top 20 event for June
- Tupelo to ring in 2020 with downtown event
- Tupelo man hosts event to bring the community together