TUPELO, Miss (WTVA) - The City of Tupelo unveiled its new transit system during a ribbon cutting in front of City Hall.
There will be four buses and three vans available to the public.
People were allowed to check out the new buses.
The buses are air-conditioned with 18 passenger seats and two wheelchair accessible seats. The buses start running officially on September 4.
- New transit system launches in Tupelo
- Tupelo leaders tour proposed public transit system
- Tupelo ratifies transit contract
- City leaders discuss public transit system in Tupelo
- Tupelo moving closer to using public transit system
- Buses roll as transit system begins in Tupelo
- Tupelo Transit System soon to be curbside pickup program
- Electric meters in Tupelo transitioning to digital
- Tupelo City Council set aside money for public transit plan
- Tupelo public transit to debut later this month