JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - One local school administrator and two teachers are finalists for state education awards.
Tupelo Middle School principal Mark Enis is a finalist for the 2021 Mississippi Administrator of the Year.
Tupelo teacher Leslie Tally, Source: Tupelo Public School District
Tupelo Middle School principal Mark Enis named a finalist for 2021 Mississippi Administrator of the Year. Source: Tupelo Public School District
Tupelo 2nd grade English teacher Leslie Tally and Starkville High School social studies teacher Janna Paes are finalists for the Mississippi Teacher of the Year award.
Both award recipients will receive $5,000 stipends and share their expertise to help improve education in Mississippi.
The Teacher of the Year winner will also represent Mississippi in the National Teacher of the Year competition.
The winners will be announced on April 29.
Other administrator finalists:
- LaMarlon Wilson, principal, O.M. McNair Middle School, MS Achievement School District
- Alicia Conerly, principal, Monticello Elementary School, Lawrence County School District
- Mandy Lacy, principal, DeLisle Elementary School, Pass Christian School District
Other teacher finalists:
- Jason Provine, social studies teacher, O’Bannon High School, Western Line School District
- Mason Smith, social studies teacher, Lumberton High School, Lamar County School District