TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - Cliff Gookin Boulevard in Tupelo reopened Thursday after downed power poles shut down traffic between the Natchez Trace Parkway and Graham Drive.
Strong winds during the overnight storms affected several poles near Tupelo High School.
The school canceled activities because of what happened.
- Tupelo police reopen road after strong winds knock over power poles
- UPDATE: Endville Road reopens
- Tupelo lane to reopen soon
- Fallen tree knocks out power in Corinth
- UPDATE: Barnes Crossing Road in Tupelo reopened after gas leak
- UPDATE: Columbus road reopens after dump truck hits power lines
- Road closure In Tupelo
- UPDATE: Power returning in Tupelo
- Power outages reported in Tupelo
- UPDATE: Lee County road reopens