TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - Tupelo Police are investigating a Sunday afternoon shooting that seriously wounded a man.
According to Police Capt. Chuck McDougald, officers responded at approximately 2:40 p.m. to the emergency room at the North Mississippi Medical Center. A man was suffering from a life-threatening injury.
Near the same time, Police officers responded to a report of a shooting at 507 Lumpkin Avenue.
However, officers found no victim, but further investigation indicated the victim at the emergency room had been wounded at 507 Lumpkin Avenue, McDougald said.
Police found no other victims, and no information has been released about a shooter.
Anyone with information can contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-773-8477.
- Tupelo Police investigate Sunday afternoon shooting
- Tupelo police investigate Sunday shooting
- Tupelo police investigating Sunday crash
- Tupelo Police investigate Thanksgiving shooting
- Tupelo police investigate weekend shooting
- Tupelo police investigate shooting incident
- Police investigate Tupelo death
- Tupelo police investigate shooting at local apartments
- Police investigate midnight shooting in Tupelo
- Tupelo Police: Officers investigate reported shooting