TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - A child abuse suspect is now charged with capital murder in the death of a 6-year-old boy.
Family members said Camden Blair died on Saturday at Arkansas Children’s Hospital in Little Rock.
According to the Tupelo Police Department, the emergency room staff at the hospital in Tupelo notified Police about the child’s injuries on Nov. 13.
Tupelo Police initially charged Joshua Oakley, 29, of Tupelo, with felony child abuse.
Original Article - Child's injuries lead to abuse arrest in Tupelo
According to Police, Oakley was in a relationship with the boy’s mother and was babysitting at the time of the injuries.
Tupelo Police upgraded charges against Oakley from felony child abuse to capital murder, Police confirmed on Tuesday.
Blair was a student at Parkway Elementary School in Tupelo, confirmed Gregg Ellis, the communications director for the Tupelo Public School District.
Previous Article - Family identifies deceased child abuse victim
- Tupelo Police charge child abuse suspect with capital murder
- Oxford police charge mother with child abuse
- Jury finds capital murder suspect guilty
- Man on probation for murder charged with felony child abuse
- UPDATE: Tupelo stabbing suspect now charged with attempted murder
- Felony child abuse suspect arrested again on burglary charge
- Tupelo police arrest man on child porn charge
- Oxford mother charged with child abuse
- Starkville man arrested, charged with child abuse
- Booneville man charged with child abuse