SHANNON, Miss. (WTVA) -- A Tupelo police officer is free on bond following his arrest over the weekend in the town of Shannon.
The Lee County jail docket shows Christoper Simmons, 25, was booked into the jail Sunday morning on charges of disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.
Shannon Police Chief Desiree Kershner tells WTVA the arrest was made around 3 a.m.
She says further information could not be released at this time.
Spokespersons for the Tupelo Police Department and Tupelo City Hall say they cannot comment because it is a personnel matter.
- Tupelo police officer arrested in weekend incident in Shannon
- Shannon police find cocaine, make arrest
- Tupelo Police investigate incident at convenience store
- Man arrested in Shannon with counterfeit money
- Tupelo police arrest naked man
- Shannon police seek debit card theft suspects
- Man wounded in Tupelo stabbing incident
- Shannon man faces drug charges
- Officers seize drugs in Tupelo, arrest made
- UPDATE: Tupelo police officers accept back pay