SHANNON, Miss. (WTVA) -- A Tupelo police officer is free on bond following his arrest over the weekend in the town of Shannon.
The Lee County jail docket shows Christoper Simmons, 25, was booked into the jail Sunday morning on charges of disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.
Shannon Police Chief Desiree Kershner tells WTVA the arrest was made around 3 a.m.
She says further information could not be released at this time.
Spokespersons for the Tupelo Police Department and Tupelo City Hall say they cannot comment because it is a personnel matter.
- Tupelo police officer arrested in weekend incident in Shannon
- Police arrest Shannon man for Tupelo homicide
- Shannon police find cocaine, make arrest
- Tupelo Police investigate incident at convenience store
- Tupelo police investigate weekend shooting
- Man arrested in Shannon with counterfeit money
- Shannon police seek debit card theft suspects
- Tupelo police arrest naked man
- Shannon man faces drug charges
- UPDATE: Missing Shannon man found