TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - School will resume normally on Friday after Tupelo Middle and Pierce Street schools spent Thursday on partial lockdown.
Tupelo Middle School was placed on a partial lockdown Thursday morning.
The school district’s director of communications Gregg Ellis said a student sent another student a threatening message.
Tupelo police canvassed the area.
The school district placed Pierce Street Elementary School on a partial lockdown due to its proximity to the middle school.
The Tupelo Public School District later extended the partial lockdowns at both schools for the remainder of Thursday. This was a safety precaution.
In a noontime update, Ellis said all students and staff at each school were safe. The school district also increased police presence at the district’s remaining schools.
According to Tupelo school officials, police believe they have identified the student who sent the text.
- 2 Tupelo schools put on partial lockdown, school will resume on Friday
- Tupelo school placed on partial lockdown
- New Albany schools resume normal operation after brief lockdown
- Tupelo school placed on lockdown as officers searched for person
- Oxford Middle School placed on temporary lockdown
- UPDATE: Soft lockdown lifted at Mooreville school
- Brief lockdown lifted at Aberdeen school
- Precautionary lockdown issued at Union County school
- UPDATE: MDOC lockdown lifted
- UPDATE: All clear given at Aberdeen school following lockdown