TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - The Tupelo Fire Department hosted a dedication ceremony on Tuesday to celebrate the purchase of a new fire truck.
"This is replacing a 20-year-old piece of equipment that has served us well," Fire Chief Thomas Walker said. "After 20 years, it is getting a little worn."
The 2018 E-1 platform fire truck has a 2,000-gallon minute pump, a 470-gallon water tank and a 30-gallon foam tank.
- Tupelo Fire Department dedicates new fire truck
- Senators: Tupelo, Columbus fire departments receiving funds
- Tupelo bridge dedicated to former mayor
- Fire damages Tupelo apartments
- Ecru Fire Department investigates abandoned trailer fire
- Shed catches fire in Tupelo
- Columbus fire truck in accident
- No injuries in truck fire
- Driver backs truck into Tupelo home
- Truck flips over north of Tupelo