TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - The Tupelo City Council approved the Jackson Street project Tuesday night.
The project includes extending the widening of Jackson Street from Clayton to Robins Street to reach to Madison Street.
The plans for the project already included the cost of moving the above ground utilities to underground.
Councilman Mike Bryan was not present for Tuesday's meeting.
Markel Whittington voted against the measure.
The rest voted in favor.
- Tupelo City Council approves Jackson Street improvements
- Tupelo moves forward with Jackson Street improvements
- Tupelo City Council approves mobile vendor ordinance
- Tupelo plans to widen West Jackson Street
- Tupelo council approves Go Cup ordinance
- Tupelo City Council approves water/sewer rate hike
- Tupelo City Council to approve outside PR firm
- City votes on improvements to Tupelo intersection
- Tupelo officials say section of West Jackson Street closed
- Tupelo trying to get bid for Jackson Street change