TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - A ribbon cutting was held Tuesday morning for the grand opening of the new Tupelo-Lee County Humane Society facility on Cliff Gookin Boulevard in Tupelo.
It was a packed house. Those attending the event were able to see the new facility's design, tour the building and learn more about shelter operations and strategic initiatives.
"It's been a project of love for the last decade," TLCHS President Jay Quimby said. "It's taken 10 years to raise the funds and build the new shelter; so many donations and hard work by so many people."
Donor names are featured on everything from the walls and benches to cat condos and dog kennels.
- Tupelo-Lee County Humane Society opens door for new facility
- Student artwork supports Tupelo-Lee Humane Society
- Old Tupelo-Lee Humane Society building to be demolished
- Tupelo-Lee Humane Society deep cleans to prevent distemper
- Tupelo humane society hosts puppy, kitten shower
- Humane society preps for move to new facility
- Oktibbeha Humane Society hosts clinic day
- Oktibbeha County Humane Society offers reduced pet adoption fee
- Tupelo farmers' depot opens
- UPDATE: Tupelo man dies in Lee County wreck