TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - The Tupelo Lee Humane Society held its puppy and kitten shower on Saturday to bring awareness to the need for their SNAP initiative.
Community Director Emily Word said SNAP stands for "spay and neuter all pets."
Word said the breeding season is about to pick up during the spring and summer seasons. Due to this, they are expecting an influx of puppies and kittens.
The event also allowed locals to bring in supplies they may have to assist the humane society.
Word did want the public to know, however, that it is mandatory that all litters are brought in with their mother.
By doing this, they are given the opportunity to spay the mother and discontinue the cycle of unwanted litters being born.
- Tupelo humane society hosts puppy, kitten shower
- Student artwork supports Tupelo-Lee Humane Society
- Oktibbeha Humane Society hosts clinic day
- Tupelo-Lee County Humane Society opens door for new facility
- Old Tupelo-Lee Humane Society building to be demolished
- Tupelo-Lee Humane Society deep cleans to prevent distemper
- Humane society preps for move to new facility
- Tupelo hosts annual Bud and Burgers festival
- Local bikers host Renasant Criterium in Tupelo
- CREATE hosts annual meeting in Tupelo