JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - Trustmark Bank is warning its customers of a circulating scam.
The bank says be aware of attempts by scammers to gain account information such as account number, PIN, etc. through phone and text message scams.
"Trustmark does not request customer account information in this manner," the bank stated.
The bank urges customers to contact them immediately at 800-243-2524 or visit a local branch if they feel they have been a victim of a scam.
WAPT-TV in Jackson reports a text message claims customers' accounts are locked and they need to call a number. Once customers call the number, they are asked for their debit card and PIN.
- Trustmark warns of phone, text scam
- AT&T warns of phone scam
- Okolona Electric issues warning about phone scam
- Monroe County Electric warns of phone scam
- U.S. Marshals warn of phone scam
- New Albany police warn of phone scams
- Starkville police warn of phone scam
- State fire marshal warns of phone scam
- Lafayette County warns of phone scam
- Starkville Utilities warns customers about phone scam