JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - Troopers are preparing to be out in full force for the Labor Day holiday period.
The 2018 Labor Day Travel Enforcement Period begins on Friday, August 31 at 12:01 a.m.
It will end on Monday, September 3 at midnight.
Troopers will utilize safety checkpoints.
Captain Johnny Poulos with the Mississippi Highway Patrol says troopers investigated 124 crashes and 3 traffic deaths during the 2017 Labor Day period.
- Troopers set to begin Labor Day enforcement period
- Troopers begin Christmas travel enforcement period
- Natchez Trace rangers begin Labor Day enforcement period
- Troopers investigate 4 deaths during Labor Day period
- MHP's Thanksgiving holiday enforcement period begins Wednesday
- MHP begins July 4th enforcement period
- MHP to begin Christmas enforcement period
- MHP to begin Memorial Day enforcement period on Friday
- MHP to begin New Year's enforcement period Friday
- MHP to start Thanksgiving enforcement period Wednesday