Update 7:42 p.m.
The Mississippi Highway Patrol says it appears Jerome Young was heading east in the westbound lane when his 2005 Nissan Altima crashed head-on with a 2017 Mercedes Benz driven by Mervyn Epsman.
Both died at the site of the accident, according to Master Sergeant Ray Hall.
Update 4:07 p.m.
Union County Coroner Pam Bowman identifies the two victims as Jerome Young, 48, of Nettleton, and Mervin Epsman, 79, of Warrior, Alabama.
The Mississippi Highway Patrol has not yet released the preliminary cause of the crash.
Update 2:01 p.m.
Union County Coroner Pam Bowman confirms two deaths. Names are not being released at this time.
Update 12:32 p.m.
This scene has been cleared. No official word on any possible injuries.
See the original post below.
UNION COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - Troopers responded to a serious two-vehicle crash on Interstate 22 in Union County.
This is near Myrtle.
Please use caution in the area.
No information has been released about any possible injuries.
- MHP: Wrong-way driver leads to fatal I-22 accident
- I-22 reopens after wreck
- MHP: Man dies after single vehicle accident
- MHP begins campaign to reduce fatalities
- Former MHP trooper indicted following fatal wreck
- MHP investigates fatal two car wreck
- Seven-vehicle accident ties up eastbound I-22 near Toyota plant
- MHP: Driver dies in fiery collision
- MHP: Some drivers licenses stations closed Wednesday
- I-22 wreck injures two motorcyclists