FULTON, Miss. (WTVA) - A man from Mantachie is dead after multiple crashes Wednesday morning on Interstate 22 west of Fulton.
The Mississippi Highway Patrol says Brandon Patten, 28, was driving a truck that struck the trailer of an 18-wheeler that was in the median.
The big rig had been in an earlier accident on the eastbound side of the interstate with another vehicle.
Master Sergeant Ray Hall says the driver of that vehicle, Alvalincho Davis, 27, of Columbus, suffered moderate injuries in that first crash.
Troopers responded to the scene of a serious crash on Interstate 22 near Fulton.
This was near mile marker 103-104 near the Tenn-Tom Waterway bridge.
Three vehicles were involved. At least one person was taken away for medical treatment.
This affected the eastbound lane. However, traffic is flowing again.
- UPDATE: One dead in I-22 crash near Fulton
- I-22 reopens after wreck
- UPDATE: All lanes clear after I-22 spill
- Crash causing I-22 backup near Sherman
- Crash delays I-22 traffic near Myrtle
- TRAFFIC ALERT: U-Haul fire causes delays on I-22 near Fulton
- I-22 wreck injures two motorcyclists
- Two 18-wheelers collide on I-22
- UPDATE: Georgia man dies after I-22 collision in Tupelo
- UPDATE: I-22 traffic moving again near Tremont after wreck