BURNSVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - The Mississippi Highway Patrol confirms a crash in Tishomingo County left one person dead.
Around 4 p.m. Wednesday, troopers responded to a two-vehicle crash at the intersection of MS 365 and CR 294, north of Burnsville.
Master Sgt. Ray Hall says Donovan Cain, 31, of Iuka, was traveling north in a 2007 Ford F-150 on MS 365 when he apparently pulled into the path of a southbound 2000 Mercury Mountaineer, driven by Crystal Rayburn, 22, of Savannah, TN.
Troopers say Rayburn's vehicle left the roadway and overturned.
Rayburn received serious injuries from the crash and was taken to a local hospital.
Timothy Williams, 45, of Savannah, TN, was ejected from Rayburn's vehicle and was pronounced dead on the scene.
MHP said it appeared Rayburn and Williams were not wearing a seat belt.
The accident remains under investigation.
- UPDATE: One dead in Tishomingo County crash
- UPDATE: Tishomingo County body identified
- UPDATE: One dead after Highway 4 wreck in Tishomingo County
- Hernando man found dead in Tishomingo County
- Man dies in Tishomingo County crash
- UPDATE: Tishomingo County fire victim dies
- UPDATE: Missing Belmont teen found in Tishomingo
- 5 people injured in Tishomingo County single rollover crash
- UPDATE: Electric issue likely cause of Tishomingo County plant fire
- UPDATE: Missing teen found alive in Tishomingo County barn