SHERMAN, Miss. (WTVA) - A state trooper used spike strips to stop a fleeing vehicle in Union County.
The pursuit happened on Tuesday afternoon.
According to the Mississippi Highway Patrol, an attempted traffic stop on Interstate 22 near Sherman led to the pursuit.
Troopers lost contact with the fleeing vehicle, but a Union County sheriff’s deputy picked up the chase near East Union School.
Officers managed to stop the vehicle on Highway 348 east of New Albany and took the driver into custody.
WTVA is working to learn more about the incident.
- Troopers arrest driver after Tuesday pursuit
- Sheriff's deputies arrest driver after Columbus pursuit
- Drug arrest made following Clay County pursuit
- Woman arrested after weekend pursuit in Amory
- Officers arrest disorderly driver
- Troopers: Suspect arrested after Pontotoc County chase
- Monday pursuit ends with arrest across state line
- UPDATE: Man arrested following pursuit in Tishomingo County
- Troopers: Father arrested after chase with child in vehicle
- Woman arrested, charged with stealing state trooper's dog