Update 12/06/18 1:29 p.m.
Sgt. Derrick Beckom with the Mississippi Highway Patrol says the driver of the 18-wheeler, 60-year-old John Denver Smith, was pronounced dead at the scene by the Winston County coroner.
Smith was from Houston, Miss.
Beckom says Smith was traveling north and ran off the right side of the roadway, then came back onto the highway. His truck overturned.
The accident is under investigation by MHP.
Update 12/06/18 10:46 a.m.
Sgt. Derrick Beckom with the Mississippi Highway Patrol confirms one fatality in this wreck. The victim's name has not been released.
Update 12/06/18 9:14 a.m.
Troopers say the northbound lanes are closed. They are using the southbound lanes to keep traffic flowing. The wreck is located north of Bluff Lake Road.
Update 12/6/18 9 a.m.
All lanes of Highway 25 North are blocked about 9 miles north of Louisville due to the wreck, according to the Mississippi Department of Transportation.
See the original post below.
WINSTON COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - The northbound lane of Highway 25 North near the correctional facility in Winston County is closed after an 18-wheeler wreck, according to the Mississippi Highway Patrol. Troopers are asking that drivers use an alternate route.
This article will be updated as more information becomes available.
- UPDATE: Chickasaw County man killed in Winston wreck
- ATV wreck kills man in Winston County
- Collision kills young man in Winston County
- UPDATE: Man wanted in Winston County burglary
- UPDATE: Man dies in Winston County shooting
- UPDATE: Arrest made for Chickasaw County stabbing
- UPDATE: Search on for Chickasaw County shooter
- Chickasaw County wreck sends two drivers to hospital
- UPDATE: Power restored in Winston County
- Winston County man wanted for uttering forgery