Editor's Note: This article was modified Thursday afternoon to provide new information.
WEBSTER COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - A man is accused of shooting at law enforcement officers in Webster County.
The incident happened overnight on North Sappa Road, which is northeast of Eupora.
The man’s name has not been released.
Webster County sheriff's deputy Dillion Cates said officers went to the man’s home to serve a domestic violence warrant, but the man opened fire.
Cates said officers retreated.
The man reportedly went down the road to another house, where Cates said the man opened fire and officers fired back.
The man was wounded, but it’s unclear if he was injured by law enforcement gunfire.
A sheriff’s deputy vehicle sustained seven bullet holes.
According to the sheriff’s department, a woman also sustained a minor injury.
The man was taken to the University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson.
- Man accused of shooting at law enforcement in Webster County
- Two arrested in Webster County after law enforcement discovery
- Reward offered In Webster County shooting
- Webster County man fires rifle at sheriff
- Man wanted in Webster County for burglaries
- One man dead after Webster County wreck
- Webster County inmates face charges
- Man charged after fleeing from law enforcement
- Columbus man leads law enforcement on pursuit in Lowndes County
- Man killed by law enforcement during Neshoba County house fire