Update 10/11/18 12:40 p.m.
This highway is back open.
Update 10/11/18 10:56 a.m.
MHP says the highway has been closed again.
Update 10/11/18 10:41 a.m.
Sgt. Derrick Beckom with the Mississippi Highway Patrol says the female driver of the 18-wheeler was transported to Baptist Memorial Hospital in Columbus. Her current condition is unknown.
He says part of the highway remains open, but troopers are still waiting on equipment to arrive to remove the truck.
Update 10/11/18 9:19 a.m.
Sgt. Derrick Beckom with the Mississippi Highway Patrol says troopers have one lane open at this time. They are waiting on more equipment to arrive in order to finish the recovery of the 18-wheeler.
See the original post below.
LOWNDES COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - An 18-wheeler has turned over on Highway 69 near East Minnie Vaughn Road in Lowndes County, according to the Mississippi Highway Patrol.
Troopers are on the scene now.
The truck was traveling north when the driver lost control, first responders said. The driver was taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
Highway 69 between Concord Road and Minnie Vaughn Road is closed at this time, according to troopers.
- UPDATE: Semi truck driver taken to hospital after Lowndes wreck
- Lowndes County wreck sends woman to hospital
- UPDATE: Man hospitalized after Lowndes train accident
- Driver trapped in car after Lowndes County wreck
- 2 taken to hospital after Lowndes County wreck
- Man killed, another hospitalized after Lowndes County wreck
- One person sent to hospital after Lowndes wreck
- Oktibbeha driver hospitalized after rollover wreck
- UPDATE: Alabama man dies in Lowndes County wreck
- Minor injury in Lowndes County wreck