ITAWAMBA COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) – Troopers arrested a California man and discover more than 100 pounds of marijuana as a result of a traffic stop in Itawamba County.
According to Master Sgt. Ray Hall with the Mississippi Highway Patrol, a state trooper stopped 57-year-old George Herbert Stonebreaker at approximately 3:50 p.m. on Thursday on Interstate 22.
George Stonebreaker | Photo: MHP
He was stopped for a traffic violation near Fulton. After a brief investigation, the trooper found the drugs in the bed of the 2015 Ford F-150.
The trooper also found 450 doses of marijuana wax.
As a result, Stonebreaker was charged with trafficking marijuana. His bond was set at $50,000.
The Mississippi Bureau of Narcotics is assisting with the investigation.
- Trooper finds more than 100 pounds of marijuana in Itawamba County
- MHP sign in Itawamba County remembers former trooper
- Man charged with manufacturing marijuana in Itawamba County
- Itawamba County wreck turns fatal
- Itawamba County shed catches fire
- Drug arrests made in Itawamba County
- UPDATE: One dead in Itawamba County accident
- Duo charged with Itawamba County ATV theft
- Itawamba County burglaries could be related
- Drug arrest made in Itawamba County