WEST POINT, Miss. (WTVA) – Three people have been charged with robbing a family and forcing them into a closet.
According to the Clay County Sheriff’s Department, the incident happened on Wednesday, November 29 in the Pine Bluff area of western Clay County.
Clay County Sheriff Eddie Scott says four armed people assaulted the homeowners in their front yard, and then forced the wife and four small children into a back bedroom.
The investigation revealed the wife and four young children were locked in a closet while the victim was allegedly robbed of approximately $1,150.
The three suspects were apprehended in Houston by multiple law enforcement agencies, including the Chickasaw County Sheriff’s Department and Houston police.
Investigators are working to identify the fourth person and are expecting an arrest soon.
The suspects are identified as:
- Emmett Buchanan, 43, of Houston
- Clarence Mitchell, 22, of Houston
- Hakeem Upchurch, 21, of Houston
All are charged with the burglary of a dwelling, armed robbery and five counts of kidnapping.
A judge set bond for each suspect at $1.2 million.
- Trio charged with robbing and kidnapping a Clay County family
- Woman accused of robbing, kidnapping Facebook friend
- Fourth suspect in Clay County kidnapping faces extradition
- Clay County Kidnapping Suspect Goes Before Michigan Judge
- UPDATE: Bond set for Clay County kidnapping suspect.
- Clay County family home destroyed after fire
- Two men charged for Clay County burglary
- Houston man charged with Clay County burglary
- Man charged with burglary in Clay County
- Men face drug charges in Clay County