PONTOTOC, Miss. (WTVA) - A human trafficking investigation in Pontotoc County has led to the arrests of two men and one woman.
Pontotoc County Sheriff Leo Mask said a man and woman, Kenneth Shaw and Mickael Ferrell, are charged with human trafficking while Santonio Sanders is charged with procuring prostitution.
According to the sheriff, Shaw, 30, and Ferrell, 25, picked up two teenage girls on May 12 and took the girls to a home in the county.
Sanders, 45, paid Shaw, Ferrell and a girl for sex, the sheriff said.
The Mississippi Department of Child Protective Services notified law enforcement, which led to Shaw, Ferrell and Sanders being arrested.
Mask said both girls are being cared for by the state.
- Trio arrested in Pontotoc County during human trafficking investigation
- MBI investigating Pontotoc County crash
- Trio arrested in Monroe County drug bust
- UPDATE: Pontotoc County deaths investigated as homicide
- Aberdeen trio arrested for home burglary
- Troopers: Suspect arrested after Pontotoc County chase
- Trio arrested for Alcorn County home burglary, robbery
- Fire destroys Pontotoc County home
- UPDATE: One Man Arrested in Trio Home Burglary
- UPDATE: Man arrested for armed robbery in Pontotoc County