EUPORA, Miss. (WTVA) - Tuesday night's storm caused a tree to crash into a Eupora home, trapping a couple inside.
"The tree fell through the roof and we could be dead now but it was just quick reaction," explained Abraham Carr.
Quick reaction that carr said saved him and his fiancé's life.
"We both hit the floor and jumped back up," said Carr. "I just grabbed her by her arm and pulled her through the house to try to get away."
Carr said he hurt his wrist ducking for cover.
"I dove and it was like everything was falling behind me," added Carr.
Wednesday night's storm sent a tree crashing and destroying Carr's side of his Adams Avenue duplex.
His fiancée, Lashauna Hamilton, said they will be living with their family until they get back on their feet.
The couple said they are thankful they made it out alive, along with their two dogs, Diamond and Uppy.
"We want to thank God we made it out alive and our pets," Hamilton added. "Like I said God had his hands on us."
The EMA director said the safest place to be during a storm is downstarirs.
- Tree falls on a home trapping a couple inside
- Tree falls on Aberdeen home
- 18-wheeler crashes, trapping driver
- Falling tree kills person at Pickwick
- Man found dead inside his Baldwyn home
- Grenada couple rescued from burning home
- Man found dead inside burned home on Thanksgiving afternoon
- Couple accused of setting fire to their Fulton home
- Mississippi: Hog trapping on some wildlife management areas
- Local man hurt after being trapped between rail cars